Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cowtown

As I recently posted, I'd been training for the Cowtown Half Marathon which took place February 27. We made it a fun weekend by staying in a hotel Friday night with Nana. Grandpa Gary met the family (I was already at the race) on Saturday morning to go to the race to see me finish (well to see Ashely and Holly too). It was a cold windy morning but turned into a beautiful day for a race! The race was a little more hilly than I would've liked but nonetheless, I did great!!! I finished in 2 hours 3 minutes and 51 seconds. That was 6 minutes and some better than my last half. I was so excited. I definitely didn't expect to do better. WooHoo!!! I just had to pat myself on the back a minute.
If you look REALLY hard you can see the little purple shirt (me) crossing the finish line!!
Me, Ashely, and Holly after the race....Holly's first half :O)
Me and my boys after I got to shower off at the hotel! Don't they look proud!

No comments: